Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Lost in a Good Book

OK, it has been a while since I have found myself totally absorbed in a book. I'm talking can't put it down, losing track of all time and staying up until 3 AM reading. During one of my recent decluttering fits, I came across a bunch more gift cards for a major book store chain (thanks students!). Of course, did I think to use them at the start of my week-long Spring Break? No, I waited until Saturday evening. I grabbed a paperback copy of a recent bestseller that has been made into a movie coming out soon...

OH

MY

GOSH!!!

I am absolutely sucked in to the world of this book.

It is beautiful, brutal, heartbreaking, lovely, and one of the best reads in a long time. Be warned, there is some tough material in there. I don't get off on violence, but it is a key element to the plot, not gratuitous for its own sake.

I love this book so far. If only I'd started reading it before I had to go back to work. These 3 AM bedtimes aren't working well for me!

No comments: