Monday, March 10, 2008

What Now???!!!

This weekend I experienced a sudden panic. It hit me...as of May 23rd, I will be unemployed. For the first time in over a decade, I will not have a guaranteed income to count on. Even though my summers off from teaching were unpaid, there was a job there come fall. Not this year. My stomach sank and a distinct "Oh sh..!" feeling came over me. This is the icky feeling I've spent the last 10 years trying to avoid, even when it meant continuing to do something I really did not want to be doing.

I am glad I made a decisive move as far as next school year. If I had not done so, I'd be sliding back into that comfort zone. I'd be stuck. Well, the whole point of this blog is getting unstuck, right?

Kevin, the kids and I went to have dinner at the home of some friends. We had a whole conversation about this topic. My friend Jenni had an interesting idea, something we may consider collaborating on. So, this week during my Spring Break, I'll be reading this book.

Of course, I could always win that $230 million Powerball jackpot on Wednesday. I could live with a piece of that pie. Seriously...

No comments: