Thursday, May 1, 2008

Three Random Things

I had to jump on this one, thanks to Joannah's blog.
Three random things about me...



Random fact #1

I hate these guys:

Seriously, I have a crippling fear of clowns. In 1995, a friend booked a room for us on a trip to Vegas. I didn't know until we got there, but we had reservations at Circus Circus. When I got to the room, I had a panic attack upon discovering the pictures of clowns above each bed. I called to the front desk and asked if they could please do something. A maintenance worker arrived shortly, removed the offending pictures, and replaced them with neutral landscapes. He said they get the same request several times a day. So, I'm not a total freak...or at least I'm not an uncommon freak.

Random fact #2:
I am related, by marriage, to this man. I recall, with horror, the day my grandma called to tell us we all had to vote for him (or rather, his running mate) because he was part of the family. The big problem for me was the fact that I was a volunteer for the campaign of Michael Dukakis (I know, don't go there...).

Random fact #3:

I auditioned for one of the principle roles in this movie when I was much, much younger. This was my parents' idea. They thought it would be a "good experience", but I was mostly mad at having to spend a whole Saturday at a cattle call in L.A. instead of going to the local church carnival. My second chance to go for Oscar gold came about six years later when I was an extra in this movie. Fun stuff.

1 comment:

Joannah said...

I can see the family resemblance! Ha! One should never vote for someone because they are related to them! Unbelievable! My criteria for voting is whether or not they can spell potatoes! Or was it tomatoes? Anyway...

Clowns, huh? They don't do much for me one way or the other, but I don't think I'd like staying at Circus Circus either. I don't get the circus thing.