Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Unqualified

Dear Michelle,

Thank you for your interest in the Switchboard Operator Evenings position 51419 that you recently applied for with (deleted) . At this time, we are considering other candidates for this position. We wish to inform you of this as soon as possible so that you may pursue other opportunities.

If you have already been contacted about a position with (deleted) or offered a position with (deleted) please disregard this letter. Please note that this does not prevent you from still being considered for any other position within (deleted), that you have applied to.

If you would like to be considered for other positions within (deleted), we encourage you to visit our website, to log our Career Center and review your current application status, update your personal information profile and check our current job opportunities.

We wish you success with your career.

Apparently, ten years as a classroom teacher and a Master's degree has made me now unqualified for a job I could have snatched up when I was 20 years old and working my way through my undergrad years in college.

I received an identical letter regarding another position, one involving pushing patients from Point A to Point B in a wheelchair or gurney for X-rays, MRIs, or other procedures. That job required a GED and current CPR card. I am also not qualified for that job.

I have 7 days left as a classroom teacher, and two more paychecks before my income disappears.

I am frustrated and discouraged.

I'm also very, very scared.

1 comment:

Joannah said...

You're not 'unqualified', my dear.

You're OVERQUALIFIED!

I guess it's easier to move up the food chain than to move back down it.

Hang in there! Something will come up.