Monday, March 16, 2009

"Not me!" Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

(For those of you Not Me! Monday veterans I beg you, be patient. I am a newbie. The learning curve is steep and my sleep reserves are low. Is there some sort of grace period for first-timers...?)

This week I did not decide to leave my son's hopelessly overgrown, bushy hair uncut for just a few more days, in order to camouflage both the bruise on his hairline he got from falling off the back porch (Friday) and the goose egg on his right eyebrow from whacking his forehead on the corner of my desk (Sunday). I am not worried about strangers at CVS calling Child Protective Services on me because he clearly looks abused and neglected.

I did not go visit an ailing neighbor in the hospital on Wednesday primarily because, five days into Spring Break, I really needed a break of my own from my darling children. I simply went because I appreciate my wonderful neighbor and only had her needs at heart!

I did not do a happy dance when my husband reminded me that he would be camping with his Fathers' Group on Saturday night in support of the group members participating in the O'odham Unity Run
. I mean, I would never be thrilled at the idea of a night with my Cal-King bed all to myself, with no snoring. I adore my husband and feel as though there is no oxygen when he leaves the room...

While my husband was away from Saturday morning until Sunday afternoon, I did not rely entirely on take-out food for lunch and dinner. I would never feed my children anything but the most natural, organic, healthy and wholesome foods. Even our drinking water is 100% pure organic raindrops, collected by 100% organic fairies from 100% organic lily leaves. I did not experience some strange flashback to my college days, when I was entirely too lazy to cook for myself.


Nope, not me!

1 comment:

Scuba Girl said...

Gotta love those fairies who collect all the wholesome water for us! And Child Protection has not almost been called on us before, either. You did great for a newbie Not Me!-er!