Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day # 1



Today we went to the beach! Yes, Arizona has beaches. Actually it was just a really big swimming pool with a zero-depth entry and some sand around the edges but hey, they call it a beach.

After spending over 30 years of my life living in "Surf City" California, I am a beach girl at heart. Rather, I am an ocean girl...with my mom's Irish complexion I was never much good at acquiring a tan whilst lounging on the sand, slathered in baby oil. I am much more of an in-the-water, surfing, canoeing, or swimming kind of person (while covered in gallons of SPF 50 sunblock, a rash guard, and a big hat).

I'm used to a beach that looks like this:


The "beach" we went to today didn't quite cut it. The water was 90 degrees, there was certainly no room for a 6-man outrigger, and there were (((gasp))) NO WAVES!!!

It looked like this:


Not quite the same...

I suppose the most important thing is the fact my kids had a good time. Even the little guy enjoyed splashing around. He is quite the water bug. I just wish the weather would let up for a bit. At this point I'd be happy with a few days in the high 90s-low 100s! These 110+ degree days are killing me!

No comments: