Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I'm A Winner!



Since getting into the whole blogging thing, I have a new hobby. Sometimes, when I'm bored or can't sleep or just want to tune out for a little while, I go blog-jumping. That's my term for hopping from blog to blog by clicking on embedded links. So, I may start off on my friend Ashley's blog, then click on one of her "favorites", then skim that blog and move on to one of their favorites, and so on...you get the idea.

Anyway, a few months ago I was blog jumping and stumbled across Jen's blog. Shortly after, Jen began a "100 day challenge" to post daily for (you guessed it) 100 days. I really found myself looking forward to her daily posts. I enjoy her sense of humor, and relate to her frustration with things like finding clothes to fit our freakishly skinny children (we swear we feed them).

Jen just wrapped up her 100 day challenge, and in honor of a job well done, she decided to give something away. I'd probably head for the wine rack myself, but hey! Jen asked for folks to leave comments in which they described one (outside the box) thing for which they are thankful. I was game, so I stated how thankful I am for Cheerios. Anyone with an 8 month old baby can probably figure out why.

Well, my comment earned me an entry into a random drawing for Jen's mystery goody box and I WON!!! Can you tell I'm excited? I never win anything!

Today, I stand atop the mound of victory. I am a champion. I rock!

Ok, I got lucky. But I am excited to check out my prize. After so many weeks of grumpy blog entries from me, I really needed something like this to lighten me up. Thanks Jen!

No comments: