Friday, June 27, 2008

Day #2



I recently looked through some photos of our family from about 8 years ago. This was around the time that I had one baby approximately the same age as our son is now, and another just 18 months older. Yes, I has two back-to-back babies. I wasn't especially young. In fact, I was over 30 when my younger daughter was born. Still, 9 months after having my second of two rapid-fire children, I was back into my prepregnancy clothes. Sure, they didn't fit exactly the same as before, but they were decent. No camel toes, no muffin tops, you get the idea.

I never had to work at losing the baby weight. I figured it kind of fell off because I was nursing and working full time and all-around busy.

Let me tell you something...my almost-40 body is not parting with this round of baby chub quite so easily. In fact, I've actually gained some weight since having my son! UGH!

I was thinking about it last night, and realized this whole 100-days-of-blogging thing might be a good opportunity to set some other goals for myself as well. I would like to lose about 25 pounds. 25 goes into 100 quite nicely, don't you think? What the heck...I'm going to add a little twist to my blogging goal, just to keep it interesting.

Here it is: I will lose 25 pounds by the time I reach my 100th day of blogging!

Wish me luck...

No comments: