Sunday, July 13, 2008

Day #18



I remember (way back) when there was nothing in the world I wanted more than to turn eighteen. The idea of being a real grown-up seemed so delicious; no more curfews, no being "told what to do", no permission required if I wanted to go somewhere or do something. Oh, and I was excited at the prospect of being able to vote. Seriously, I was!

Funny, now that I am more than twice that age, there's nothing I'd love more than to have someone take care of things for me. I hate going somewhere and not being certain someone knows where I am, how I'm getting home, and when I should be expected back. I get so tired of always feeling like I have to decide what's going to happen (What's for dinner, Mom?... What are we doing today, Honey?... When will you fill my bowl with kibble, Mom-person?). When I'm faced with big decisions, I have to touch base with my mom and dad still.

I think the only thing I really appreciate about being an independent/mature(HA!)/responsible(HA! HA! HA!) adult is the right to vote.

There are some days when I just wish everything would get done by someone else. I miss the days of self-centeredness, free time, and zero responsibility.

I think I need a spa day!

No comments: