Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Day #6...Sleepy


Tomorrow I start my new job! Thank goodness the past several days have been very busy and involved me getting up extra early. I say "thank goodness" because if I wasn't so completely exhausted tonight, I'd probably be up most of the night with my typical "night-before-something-new/big/important" jitters.

For the past two days I've been up by 5:30 in order to get to the gym by 6:00. Of course, this 5:30 wake-up time comes after my usual 1:20, 3:00, and 4:10 wake-up calls courtesy of my dear son. I was so jealous when my friend Ashley blogged about her daughter (born 6 weeks after my kiddo) sleeping for 12 straight hours every night! What is her secret???!!!


In addition to being an apparent infant insomniac, my son has also reached the developmental milestone where he gets into everything, all the time. I spend just about every waking moment chasing this child. I wish there was some way to move all our electrical outlets up about 4 feet...he's not interested in the outlets themselves (so I guess those dozens of outlet covers we bought were for naught); he's obsessed with electrical cords. He wants to chew them! I am exhausted.


Just to make certain I didn't get bored this last day before my new job begins, my husband scheduled some outpatient surgery for today. So, I got to drive my darling husband to his doctor with 3 kids in tow (in 111 degree weather) and keep them busy while he was in the office. Now, he is unable to do any lifting for several days, and is under doctor's orders to be a couch potato until the weekend. So, I got to play step-and-fetch for my poor invalid spouse.

I haven't even started my new job, and I'm already looking forward to the weekend!

No comments: