Friday, July 4, 2008

Day #9



Happy 4th of July!

I know I promised to tell all about what arrived in the Mystery Prize Box from Jen, but I'm going to wait one more day. She put together such a beautiful and generous box of goodies, I want to do it justice. Today has been a long and busy day, it's late and I'm tired, so I'm going to keep this post brief.

We caught a matinee of Wall.E (great movie, loved its message), came home, did a little cleaning, baked a red-white-and-blue cake (with stars and sprinkles, no less!), grilled some steak, and went swimming at our neighbors' place. No fireworks this year. It's too hot here to go sit outside with 150,000 of your closest friends for 4 hours, waiting on a 30 minute display. Even if we had been motivated enough to brave the heat, the thunder, lightning, and wind started up around dusk and made things a little iffy for a while.

I am falling asleep at the computer, so I think I had better call it a night.

Tomorrow, pictures and details I promise (really this time, I promise!)

Happy Birthday USA!

1 comment:

Jen said...

LOL! Well I guess we don't agree on Wall-E!! Glad you're enjoying the box friend. You deserve it!