Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day #27...Fancy

I am blogging tonight from my very own (peaceful, quiet, diaper-free, fighting sibling-free, snoring husband-free) room in a very beautiful hotel in Oklahoma City. It is a restored historic building that is absolutely gorgeous! I will post pictures once I return home.

My flight today was the most turbulance-filled plane ride I have ever experienced. I do not "do" flying well to begin with, so this was not fun for me. People were actually getting sick from the frightening movements the plane was making. I have a pretty solid stomach, but I realized upon landing that the shakiness in my legs was from the post-adrenaline crash I was experiencing. It was intense. Needless to say, I was so glad to be on solid ground!

I spent the first hour here in the fitness center (extremely cool equipment), then met up with the rest of my colleagues for dinner. We had a nice time, and I got to further expand my understanding of the various elements in this business.

I also got to see for my self the very different world of sales vs. teaching. Perhaps I should say, the very different personalities one finds in sales vs. teaching. Let's just say that sales folks definitely cut loose much more than the teachers I knew. Nothing crazy or inappropriate...just boisterous and social, with a little less structure and order.

This is a whole new world!

I miss my family like crazy, but honestly I am so tired right now I think I'll sleep alright. Tomorrow is a busy day. I sure hope I can keep up!

No comments: