Thursday, July 17, 2008

Day #22

I am so glad to be out of teaching this year!

My (former) school is gearing up for the new school year, and all the beginning of the year correspondences are going out. After two years of frozen salaries, our beneficient district granted teachers a whopping $500 raise.

That's $500 for the year...

As in less than $0.40 an hour...assuming that no teacher ever goes in early or stays late or takes work home or attends conferences and "back to school night" and music performances and plays and the 1,001 other after hours duties and responsibilities a teacher has.

I am disgusted, to say the least.

I really hope this new job is a good fit for the long haul, because every day I'm finding another reason to never return to teaching...at least not in this state.

No comments: